Saturday, March 7, 2009

While others are looking for hope ... we're tucking it away.

1 Corinthians 9:22-23

22When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.


I was just thinking about that song, 'Stained Glass Masquerade' by Casting Crowns .. and then the song 'Looking for Angels' by Skillet .. both songs are GREAT songs about getting the message of Christ across ... but the twist on both, is that they both deal with how we DON'T do it.

For instance, in Stained Glass Masquerade, it talks about how we seem to hide God's hope from the rest of the world .. because we're afraid that if we show them that we needed it and still do, they'll see us as weak ..

God's hope doesn't work that way! God's strength doesn't work that way! Pastor Mark reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures that says that HIS POWER WORKS BEST IN OUR WEAKNESS! so the power of the Holy God is shown in our weakness .. when we call on Him, His power, strength, love and MERCY is shown.

We must show a dying and hurting world that there is HOPE for the hurting, REST for the weary, and STRENGTH for the weak! We cannot do that by hiding away our weakness ...

Monica <3

Stained Glass Masquerade - Casting Crowns


Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin’ so small

Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they’ll soon discover
That I don’t belong

So I tuck it all away, like everything’s okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I’ll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them

*Chorus*
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Is there anyone who’s been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who’s traded
In the altar for a stage

The performance is CONVINCING
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart

But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be

Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay

Chorus x2

Well if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin’ so small

No comments:

Post a Comment